School Improvement & Innovation Plan
School Improvement and Innovation Plan At-a-Glance
Fairview Elementary School
Lynn Mayer, Principal
End of Year SMARTR Outcome #1
Raise the Bar - By June 2018, all Fairview students will complete 3 PBLs to include higher order thinking questions that address such concepts as form, function, causation, change, perspective, connections to drive their inquiry. In addition, students will publicly share at least one of their projects with the community.
- Teachers will incorporate higher order thinking questions to include concepts such as form, function, causation, change, perspective, connections within the essential and/or guiding questions of the PBL.
- Teachers will develop PBL rubric components which increase in rigor and student collaboration at each grade level (K-6).
End of Year SMARTR Outcome #2
Close the Gap - By June 2018, 100% of students identified in the fall as performing below grade level in reading or math using the Universal Screener and other assessments will demonstrate at least one year’s growth.
- For students receiving iReady intervention, teachers will regularly monitor student progress and intervene as necessary.
- Students identified by diagnostic assessments will receive specialized math and/or reading intervention (i.e. V-Math, i-Ready, LLI, Fundations, Just Words, ReadWell….) based on their specific learning need.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome #3
Self-Development and Positive Communication - 100% of students will participate in character strength development and recognize their own personal strengths through their actions.
- Teachers will develop classroom character strength lessons or incorporate Positivity lessons into their instructional program.
- Teachers and administrators will use fictional literature to help students understand different perspectives and identify positive character strengths.
- A wall of compliments will be established and updated to publicly share positive communication with students and staff.
For additional information regarding this School Improvement Plan, please contact Lynn Mayer, Principal.