School Improvement & Innovation Plan
School Improvement and Innovation Plan At-a-Glance
Fairview Elementary School
Lynn Mayer, Principal
End of Year SMARTR Outcome #1
Raise the Bar
By June 2019, all Fairview students, grades 1-6, will have completed at least three PBLs and all kindergarten students will complete at least 2 PBLs. At least 85% of students in grades 1-6 will demonstrate proficiency or greater (3 out of 4) in at least 2 of the 3 POGs (communicator, collaborator, creative and/or critical thinker) as assessed by the FCPS POG rubrics.
- Teachers will work with AAP Coach to understand and design instruction to enable students to understand what good collaborators, communicators, and creative and critical thinkers are able to do.
- Teachers will explicitly teach collaboration, communication, and creative and critical thinking skills to students.
- Teachers will become familiar with grade level POG rubrics, especially for these three POG skills and collaborate with grade-level colleagues to incorporate POG skills into unit and/or individual lesson plans.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome #2
Close the Gap
- By June 2019 at least 90% of students identified for special education services with reading and/or math deficits, will make at least one year grade level growth in reading and math as measured by an FCPS approved assessment
- By June 2019, 80% of grade 3-6 students receiving special education services who are assessed with reading and math SOLs, will receive a pass proficient score on Reading SOL and at least 75% of grade 3-6 students receiving special education services will receive a pass proficient score in math.
- Students receiving special education services will receive explicit, systematic, and targeted instruction based on their needs and identified through ongoing formative assessment.
- All special education students who access the Virginia Standards of Learning and FCPS Program of Studies will be assessed regularly through a variety of formative assessments and progress will be documented.
- All special education students, who access the Virginia Standards of Learning and FCPS Program of Studies, will have full access to the AAP lessons provided within the general education classroom.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome #3
Individual Growth - 100% of students in grades K-5 will identify actions and behaviors in themselves and others that exemplify one of the P2 character strengths as evidenced by writing positive biweekly recognition notes.
- Teachers will include character strength lessons or incorporate Positivity lessons into their instructional program.
- Students and staff will participate in a school-wide assembly for the kickoff of Year Two of the Positivity Project.
- Teachers in grades K-5 will incorporate character strength lessons into at least four morning meetings every two weeks.
For additional information regarding this School Improvement Plan, please contact Lynn Mayer, Principal.