Fairview Launches New Website
One of first FCPS schools to roll out newly designed site
Welcome to the new Fairview Elementary School website.
We are honored to be among the first to move to a new website format adopted by Fairfax County Public Schools this past summer.
When you begin to explore the site, if you are not able to find the information you need on our home page, you can use any of the following:
- Search Function, similar to the way you would look for information on Google (#1 in image below),
- Top Menu, which links to main topics including About, Academics, Activities, Resources, and Contact (#2 in image below), and
- Full Menu, in the upper left hand corner of the home page, which shows all the items under the main topics (#3 in image below).
Our new site offers several important advantages, including:
- Displaying on mobile devices, an important feature because so many of you are coming to the site through cell phones,
- Enabling the easy sharing of content between school and Fairfax County Public Schools (for example, emergency alerts about weather closures etc. from the main site will be promptly displayed on the school site),
- Making navigation of sites easier for parents as children progress through the FCPS schools because all sites will feature similar menus, and
- Featuring accessibility to all users with disabilities (508 compliant).
If you have bookmarked our old website, be sure to update that with our new website address https://FairviewES.fcps.edu.
While we have tried to include all of the information that you come to rely on, there may be something that we have forgotten. If this is the case, feel free to contact Ross Flint at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are also interested in your opinion about the new website. Please help us by filling out a short survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/fcpswebsurvey.
We hope you’ll visit the website often and stay involved.